The IfAAM Institute in Hamburg keeps you informed of the ongoing economic consequences of the prevailing government-run phoney-money system. In contrast to gold or silver coins this type of money can be brought into existence digitally or by printing paper. It is thus created out of thin air, with no limits to its being endlessly multiplied. In a monetary system that is subject to central planning the purchasing power of money rests solely on the fact that it has by law been declared the exclusive legal tender of the country. Throughout history socialist monetary systems have always turned out to be catastrophic for society. The Austrian School of Economics is key to the theoretical understanding of this phenomenon.
Ludwig von Mises, the doyen of the Austrian School, made the following observation as early as 1912, in his book The Theory of Money and Credit:
„The repeated occurrences of boom periods followed by periods of depression is the necessary result of the recurring attempts to lower the market rate of interest by means of credit expansion. There is no possibility of preventing the ultimate collapse of a boom that has been driven by credit expansion. There is only one alternative: Either the crisis sets in earlier, with the voluntary termination of the expansion of credit—or it occurs later, as an ultimate and total catastrophe for the currency system.“
The IfAAM Institute in Hamburg provides a forum for astute investors and independent financial agents. We regularly publish scientifically sound investment recommendations based on the insights of the Austrian School of Economics in order to preserve the purchasing power of personal assets and thus protect people’s wealth from the foreseeable breakdown of the government-run phoney-money system.
This is what the IfAAM Institute has to offer:
- Regular analyses of the financial markets conducted by independent economists, i.e. those not on the payroll of either governments, political parties, central banks/reserve banks, commercial banks or any of their lobbyists
- Tailored lists of portfolios of closed commodity funds and open public funds based on the IfAAM method
- Austrian Asset Management promotional events
- Seminars and workshops on the Austrian monetary- and business-cycle theories as well as on the Austrian theory of entrepreneurship
- Setting up a practical IfAAM-Concept for advising clients suited to independent financial agents.
- A restricted access domain (a web-based co-operation platform) for the exchange of ideas between independent financial services firms